This project has since been reformatted as a workshop, to be held at Unesco (Paris, France), 29 Nov.-2 Dec. 2010.
The EUR-OCEANS NoE has supported a series of workshops focusing on the development and application of a series of (state and trend) indicators for an ecosystem-based approach to fisheries. This WS series resulted in a public website (indiSeas) and a special issue of the ICES Journal for Marine Science (67). The approach is described here.
Objectives of the workshop / phase 2 of the indiSeas project
The 2010 WS will launch a second phase of the indiSeas project aiming at:
- expanding the coverage of ecosystems (beying the 20 ecosystems included in the initial indiSeas project)
- bridging the indiSeas approach with that of other working groups (notably ICES)
- improving the method (e.g. working on the definition of reference points)
- expanding the scope of the approach to include climate and biodiversity or conservation indicators
- linking with other expert groups to plan the integration of socio-economic indicators
- carry out comparative exercise between the ecosystems covered by indiSeas.
po [at] eur-oceans.eu
yunne-jai.shin [at] ird.fr